Postnatal - Mommy & Baby Yoga
Enjoy postnatal yoga and exercises with your baby and other moms in a friendly environment, and help give your mind, body & spirit the needed support to recuperate after pregnancy and childbirth whilst bonding with your baby.
Mamas are lead through a yoga set based on Hatha and Kundalini yoga. The babies are incorporated throughout the lesson. We dance with babies, sing nursery rhymes, learn baby signs, and discuss topics related to babies and new parenthood. Mothers have a chance to network with one another and often form friendships that are long lasting.
Mommy and Baby yoga is a chance for Mom or Dad to return to their yoga practice or learn how to start one now that baby is here. It is a beautiful time to connect with your baby without the distraction of laundry, phone calls and other interruptions at home.
We focus on the Mom or Dad through postures, movements, meditations and breath to help strengthen, open and restore the body, mind and spirit. Baby songs, poses and movements for baby are incorporated into the practice as well.
This is baby's first yoga class too! As you can see, we have lots of fun!
Example of Class Format and Activities:
- Students enjoy stretching and strengthening exercises including working on abdominal muscles and pelvic floor.
- Classic yoga postures are modified to engage the babies.
- Mamas dance with babies in a group.
- Music is an ideal tool for developing curious minds of babies.
- Moms are taught to communicate with their babies using simple Baby Signs.
- Babies enjoy soothing touch of their mommy-massage and tummy time.
- Restorative yoga poses to help mamas feel calm and serene.
- Back openers to open the chest area and restore sore backs and shoulders.
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." by Rajneesh